Our welding program prepares learners for careers as welders, cutters, machine setters, operators, etc.
12 Week Program
- 130 Instructor hours
- 40 Lab hours
- Seventh-grade math and reading level (assessments can be scheduled at the academy)
- This program is available in person and hybrid only.
- Meet 3 days per week with Morning (9 AM-11 AM), Afternoon(1 PM-3 PM) or Evening (6 PM-8 PM) schedule options.
Units Hours Per Unit
- Welding Essentials 32
- Production Process and Fabrication 33
- Blueprints and Measurements 33
- Welding Techniques 32
- Lab 40
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of equipment and safety procedures
- Demonstrate an understanding of blueprints, technical drawing, and ability to make precise measurements commercial, and industrial wiring)
- Demonstrate understanding of oxyacetylene and electric arc processes
- Demonstrate understanding of machining, tooling, and materials
4219 Woodward Ave,
Detroit, MI 48201
Monday - Thursday
9am - 6pm