Electrical Technicians (also known as Electricians) install and maintain electrical systems in residential and commercial construction. They also work in manufacturing settings often servicing automated industrial processes. Electrical Technicians can be required to wire computer networks and telecommunication systems.
This program will prepare learners to work in each of these applications of electricity and to test for the Electrical Contractor License.
12 Week Program
- 150 Instructor hours
- 40 Lab hours
- Seventh-grade math and reading level (assessments can be scheduled at the academy)
- This program is available in person.
- Meet 3 days per week with Morning (9 AM-11 AM), Afternoon(1 PM-3 PM) or Evening (6 PM-8 PM) schedule options.
- Electronics 101 15
- PLC Programming 15
- Digital Electronics 15
- Circuit Analysis 15
- Electronics 15
- Residential Wiring 20
- Commercial Wiring 20
- Electrician Local & National Code 10
- Electric Motors and Controls 10
- Electrical Troubleshooting 15
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of electrical code
- Demonstrate an understanding of electrical wiring volt services, panel boards, circuits, etc. (residential, commercial, and industrial wiring)
- Demonstrate understanding of electrical troubleshooting
4219 Woodward Ave,
Detroit, MI 48201
Monday - Thursday
9am - 6pm