You understand the basics of the cybersecurity industry and now want to go into what is required to be a successful professional within the industry. Through the cybersecurity program, you will learn a range of core technologies that constitute several fundamental fields that make up today’s cybersecurity industry. You will also explore related technical careers and for early to mid-career cybersecurity professionals.
Uncover cybercrime, cyber espionage and other threats to the integrity of networks is an exciting new area that spans all industries. Learn the skills to qualify for exciting and growing opportunities in security operation centers as an analyst or incident responder.
Be prepared to test for Cisco CCNA or Certified CyberOps Associate industry-led credential.
12 Week Program
- 150 Instructor hours
- 20 Lab hours
- 135 Required Understanding course hours (only required if prerequisites are not met)
- Intro to Cybersecurity or equivalent
- Required Understanding Courses
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to Statistics
- College-level English (freshman level)
- This program is available online.
- Meet 3 days per week with Morning (9 AM-12 AM), Afternoon (1 PM-4 PM) or Evening (6 PM-9 PM) schedule options.
● Explain network threats, mitigation techniques, and the basics of securing a network
● Secure administrative access on Cisco routers
● Secure administrative access with AAA
● Implement firewall technologies to secure the network perimeter
● Configure IPS to mitigate attacks on the network
● Describe LAN security considerations and implement endpoint and Layer 2 security features
● Describe methods for implementing data confidentiality and integrity
● Implement secure virtual private networks
● Implement an ASA firewall configuration using the CLI
● Implement an ASA firewall configuration and VPNs using ASDM
● Test network security and create a technical security policy
Tuition Assistance Options Available
Graduates receive a Cisco Cybersecurity Badge and Industry recognized credential options from: